BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

“Well that’s what they get for going to bars with gay people”~ Chaplin

I am fairly critical of the professional pastoral staff. Hurts from past run-ins. I don’t like the Chaplin. I think I started to dislike him the first time I met him, but really started to dislike him when he mocked my marriage. Sure, I am with a bunch of dudes and my skin is not that soft, but damn it, you don’t make fun of someone’s marriage. Poor form.

Was having dinner with Head doc and Chaps and somehow Head doc was crude as normal and talking about ass raping. Chaps brings up that its not so funny when the Marine comes to you crying because he got ass raped.

What bothered me the most in the whole situation was this statement from Chaps: “Well, that’s what he gets for going to bars with gays”.

What the fuck? Really? This dude is a grade 1 jerk. I think I am just going to dislike him more now. No one deserves an ass rape. I don’t care who you are or what situation you are in. No one deserves any kind of rape. That’s how it starts. Its acceptance of something evil because you don’t like the victim.

I have a responsibility to combat the evil I see in life. However that presents its self. Life is a balancing act. One must be careful. One man’s evil is another’s good. I hate these people because they kill and maim my Marines. They hate me because I am an outsider that is oppressing them. The world is full of hate and you have to hate carefully.

Perhaps we would all be a bit better off if we tempered our anger and hate. It does not lead to good things. It hurts. But it feels so good. It feels good to hate the things that hurt .

Who is the first to drop their fists? No one wants to drop their guard and let the other punch them in the nose. I need to think on this. I have wrapped myself in dislike and hatred. Its easy to do when you are surrounded by it. Too easy.

I need to find the center again. The center that says that love is the way. I hate them. I don’t know that I could love them.


Thought of the moment:

“Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true. Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love.” ~ MLK Jr.

1 comments:

t. said...

Wow. Way to go, chappy...