BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I have this love hate relationship with Golf. I just started to really enjoy the sport. I LOVE walking around a nice little park and sorta pretending to play a game at the same time. It fills two of my needs. A need to be outside and a need to play some sort of game. What better I thought. It really saved my bacon last rotation when I was freaking out in the ICU and hating life. I could get out of work and be on the golf course in less then an hour. It was so calming to be able to just put around a nice grassy area and not care about life or work for a moment.

I was pondering something different this past week. I am now in an area where space is at a premium. Land is so hard to find here. People just keep building and building and building trying to just make space for someone to live. But now we have all this space dedicated to a game that only a few people play. How does that work???

As soon as I say that, I see a flaw in my thoughts. If I say that green space should just be used for homes. What happens to parks and anything else nice and non-developed? It gets mashed into a homogeneous subdivision. Ugly to the max.

There is an ugly side to this island. The more I am here the more I see it for what it is. Ugly mixed with beauty. Guess thats the way it is with a lot of things in life.

M@

0 comments: