BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 16, 2006

evil kids

So, a funny thing happened to me the other day, I was living life, mostly oblivious to anything major that would rock foundational ideas and other such things. Some might even say complacent, others comfortable. Then I had this friend of mine who said something innocent enough, but it really made me reexamine some fairly fundamental ideas that I have held onto for a while now. The big one idea can be summed up in a simple phrase; kids might not be all bad.

Honestly I really did not understand the kid thing, it just made no sense to me what so ever, not that I hated kids, but there was no real benefit to them. Lets face it, I am a fairly selfish person, so something that takes a crap load of effort and has no positive redeeming value is not exactly a good thing, and might even have quite a few negative connotations associated with it. That has for the most part been my thoughts for a while and I am OK with that.

Not that I have had some life altering blinding light knock me off my donkey or something, but just the sliver of an idea that perhaps kids might have some positive aspects. Earth shattering I know, but bear with me for a moment. I guess that the idea that they (kids) might just provide the ultimate adventure is semi shocking to me. Not that I desire to have kids, or that looking to kids for an adventure is justification to run off and have kids, but just the idea that there might be some sort of redeeming value to kids despite all the horrible things that come with them. OK, well, I am going to stop now before I dig myself into some kind of deep hole or something.

M@

"Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist."
-Michael Levine

1 comments:

Anna said...

That's the best laugh I've had all day. Thanks.