BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Love the one your with.

I am pondering death today. Such a fragile thing. I have never really had the "I am immortal" thoughts. I have been around death for a long time and just understand that people die. I remember when I saw my first dead body. I remember the first time I picked up a dead body. I remember the first time someone died when I was watching them.

A man died today. I did not know him. I know no one who did know him. Its a sad thing to know someone in death. They are already mostly gone. There is really nothing that you can do to change that. Dead is dead. We love to think that we have this all powerful medical power that alters the course of life. The hospital and EMS are just there to make death a little cleaner. Death is a messy process.

Part of me wishes that I could know that man. The other part of me knows that if I did meet him on the street, I would just ignore him as another abuser of the cheeseburger. All I am saying is that you never know when or where. Just love the one your with.

0 comments: