BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike"

Every morning I get on my bike and peddle away from my tent, I make sounds as if I were riding my motorcycle. It never really gets old. I don’t even have to have a playing card in the spokes of the wheel because part of the pedal is broken and so it makes a very nice clicking sound every time it goes around.

Childish? Sure, but I don’t really care. Perhaps some day I may grow up and stop making motorcycle sounds as I ride my bike, but not today. Probably not tomorrow either.

So I was taking my bike off a cool pile of sand bags forming a bunker behind medical and got some good air. Upon landing, the impact broke apart my headlight and I had to spend the next half hour crawling around in the dirt trying to find all the little parts and putting it back together. Good news is that it worked and I got it all back together just fine.

I just finished reading It by King. Weird book. It took me quite a while to finish it just because I could only read the book for a few hundred pages and then had to put it down and go do something else for a bit. Its interesting in that it makes you think about how you keep and how you view your own childhood.

I have been blessed by my childhood. I did not have an abusive alcoholic father; he was there for me. I had a house and a loving family who supported me through many tough times. I have been truly blessed by my youth and I continue to be blessed by those same people who loved and supported me growing up.

I recently got a bunch of packages from my community where I grew up. They love me and they sent me many packages of good stuff to take care of me as I sit here in this cold place. I did not ask them, they just did it out of love and that’s a beautiful thing.

Some of the funnier things are someone sent me a single after dinner mint from Sonic. Someone else (or perhaps the same person) sent me a whole Italian dry salami. Honestly I don’t care what they send, but I just feel loved and that’s not a bad thing at all. Oh, and nice warm socks that I am wearing right now.

0 comments: