BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I hope


"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."~ Red


Last day of work in Peds/Med today. I have absolutely loved working here, loved working with the doc, the Pts, the staff. Really, I have not worked that much. But I feel that it evens out working way too much last rotation, and probably way to little this rotation. But it all evens out. I love that my doc would let me run at lunch, that he would offer more time if I wanted it so that I could run further or longer. I loved going out on the town with the docs from the clinic and just being normal humans. They are such good people.

But the joy of the current situation is also giving way to the idea and the dream of what is to come. I long for the adventure of tomorrow. I leave on an epic road trip. I have chosen to roll solo. I feel that it will be harder, but something profound by accomplishing it alone. Not all alone, I have several new songs to geek out on. The ipod will get quite a work out this trip.

I feel free from the obligations of life, it is me vs the open road, and I do not know what the end of this journey will be, but it should be fun. 3,002 miles, aprox 45 hours of drive time. I need to get some new window whipers before I leave...

M@

1 comments:

EC said...

where the f**k are you going?