BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 01, 2005

40

So I know that I have heard Rick say that he has never heard anyone ever talking about Psalm 40 in church before, well, new pastor Ted had the whole church singing it this last Sunday. I thought it was great that we as a body were starting to realize that not everything is nice and friendly. That people are broken and shit happens. It all felt U2 ish, but suburban and tame. So during our prayer request time, some guy stood up and said that he felt like killing himself. Mark was up front and was like “uh well, I know you have had a hard time with finding a job..” a bunch of the men from the church all went over and kinda swarmed around him, before anything else could happen, he was ushered out of the sanctuary. On one hand, I thought that is was really cool that some guy felt that comfortable with everyone to beg for help that openly. On the other hand I was really upset that we just bundled him up and got him out of the sanctuary, I felt like we were just getting him out of the area to reestablish“normalness” to our worship, so that people would not feel like they were in a boat that was being rocked. I don’t think I have heard a louder cry for prayer in a long time, I felt guilty about just moving on. I did not even know his name.


M@
"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy. Whatever differs from this, to the extent of the difference, is no democracy."~ Abraham Lincoln

0 comments: