BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

conviction-or-condemnation?

Where is the line between conviction and condemnation? God can give the conviction to point out areas that you need to work on. Conviction can come from your heart, from friends, or from other people or sources that you let into your community right? Condemnation, I guess that condemnation has to come from the big “D” right? The source or use of condemnation is all the same as conviction. Your church buddy can tell you that you are doing something that you should not, but in the same way he can be just as misguided as you and condemn/judge you. Where is the line?
I love New Kind of Christian, but it also brings up a lot of things that I have done in my life that I should not have, that I now feel bad about, and that hurts. Is this conviction, is it a reminder, my thorn to keep me honest, is it condemnation from down below to keep me shut up and not speaking to someone that I should?
M@

0 comments: