BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

non-nutritive sweetner strikes again!!

This morning I was going to have breakfast with a friend of mine down at Shari’s. I got to the place a little early and was just going to have some time to journal and drink some coffee. About cup number two of the coffee I was flicking the pack of non-nutritive sweetener to compact all the chemically engineered goodness into the end of the paper pack so that I could tear the top off and dump it into the coffee. Well, on flick number two, the slippery paper thing came out of the holding (non-flicking) hand and went flying across my table, over the back of the empty bench and into the next booth. I just sat there thinking about the odds that that would happen and trying to figure out if that really did just happen or if this was like some kind of bad dream or something. I can see the very top of the guy’s head in the next booth down, and I know he is not alone because I had heard some of the conversation going on (not listening in, but just that cool restaurant buzzing conversation like thing) so not only did I flick the sugar pack into the occupied bench, but someone else was sitting across from the guy and would have seen it. So now I am sitting there running through the apology that I am going to give when the guy turns around and looks at me. But the guy does not turn around, there was not even a break in the conversation. So somehow I managed to lob a sugar pack into the next booth and get away with it undetected. Or perhaps the people are die hard Shari’s fans and just know that at 6 in the am, random sugar packets can fly at you, and you just have to accept that.

M@
-“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” Dr. Seuss

1 comments:

Patty said...

FUNNY!!! Just funny. :D